So back on the 8th my nephew Mark
was in town for his son's ordination. The ordination took place at his ex-wife's new ward and then there was a big family get together at the ex-wife's new house with her new hubby, new step-kids, new relatives and probably new dog. It was mildly chaotic at the church and quite chaotic and noisy at her home so you may wonder
why on earth I would go to such an event. Especially if you knew that they'd always lived a long distance away and that I only know the kids by name and they have no clue their dad has a totally awesome Aunt Leslie. Let
me explain, I wanted to see Mark... simple as that. Plus I wanted to meet his new wife Lori and her daughter Hannah and I'm so glad I did. Hannah is a delightful young lady and her mom is awesome! Because of the chaos and the time restraints, my visiting time with Mark and Lori was short but worth it.I also had wonderful short but sweet visits with Teresa,
her son Matthew, Robyn and Diana. Most of the rest of my family were visited with in group discussions. I didn't see Matthew and Nadine playing the piano but I did see them working on some dance moves at the church. They seem to get along pretty well for the most part.Kendall (12), pictured here in a white hoodie with his new step-brother, was ordained by his older brother Brian(16).

3 comments:
I'm glad I got to visit with you too. It was "slightly" chaotic and crazy but worth it to see family.
Way to go for making the effort to keep in touch. I sometimes feel like the insignificant relative in my humongous family too, but it is always worth it when I make the effort.
Good for you getting all family-oriented this weekend, more than once! You're like, super-relative.
Post a Comment