Friday, November 7, 2008

Catch-up

It's been forever since I wrote anything and I'm catching up now. On the 25th I joined Hillary, Tasha, Emma and Auntie for scrapbooking. They'd had fun with dress ups and an early Trunk or Treat at Sonia's ward. I got lots done in the scrapping area and I'm caught up with James' books.

Just before Halloween I had a couple days that I did practically nothing. I just could not get motivated. I hate that! Then I look back and think about this or that I should have done, none of which I even thought of while I vegged. I got out of it by Halloween tho and went to Sonia's for a 3 hour Killer Bunny game. And we used to think Monopoly was bad!

With the 1st of November came a ton of busyness. I used part of Saturday to write the missionaries their monthly letters cuz I knew it would get crazy. Then on Sunday I found out that we had a guest coming to the Court of Honor (COH) from the Young Men's General Board. Yikes! The COH was just two days away!! Later Sunday we had the Board of Reviews so two boys could be awarded their Varsity Denali awards on Tuesday which was the whole reason the General Authority was coming. Monday while I was downtown for work, I slipped up to the scout shop to get the awards I needed only to find out Monday night that I'd forgotten one. I went to the scout shop in Carriage Square Tuesday, made a quick stop at Barnes & Noble for a CD I wanted to play a bit of at the COH, then stopped at Harmon's for the makings for Root Beer floats and I was ready. It all went well and I'm so glad that one is done!

After the COH I drove up to Hillary's to be there when the kids woke in the morning. Marc goes to work before the butt-crack of dawn and Hillary had a way early nursing school orientation. I made sure Tash and Em got out the door on time for school... then Sami too but she doesn't go to pre-school til 12:30. Not long after that Addie fell asleep, Marc got home and I headed out. I was glad to get home between snow showers. The trip up was ok but one bridge I went over was all slushy and I couldn't see it until I was in it. Scary! Then when I got home, there was a ton of snow waiting for me to shovel.

Thursday it was up early and back to work for me. I'd gotten my payroll done at Hillary's and just had to print it out. I also had resident funds to process and once that was done I headed into work and was able to get it all done so I didn't have to do job work today. Yay!

Today dad and I took the Vibe into Kearns Auto. License and registration was due last month... oops! We knew it would need a new catalytic converter and those are spendy. We thought we were looking at $1500. Fortunately for us, Ray found a generic one that fit our car so with the inspection, emissions and headlight replacement, the bill only came to $400! That's what I love about Ray and Danny... they do what they can to help you out and not just charge you an arm & leg for stuff you really don't need. Besides, Danny is cute ;>

2 comments:

Sonia said...

Agreed. I had my oil change done there. It took longer, but was only like $34, which is pretty good for my car, and they didn't try to sell me a bunch of services I don't need like DANG JIFFY LUBE. Oh, and Danny is cute, but not as cute as Shawn.

Roxi said...

Yes I do love Kearns auto, and of course Danny is cute. I also like that I walk in and Ray says what did you do to that poor Subaru now? I don't have to tell him which car it is.