For many years now I've been going to the Veteran's Day concert in the Huntsman's Center up at the University of Utah. It all started when Sonia was in Concert Choir at the high school. Every year the high schools in Granite School District put on this performance with the 23rd Army Band. It's always a fabulous concert and televised on our local channel 7 which is the university's channel. After Sonia graduated high school, I continued to go to the concert to support the young women
I worked with at church. When James got into JROTC, he began ushering at the concerts. It's fun to have him all spiffy looking as we stand for the various military branches on the medley of their songs.
I worked with at church. When James got into JROTC, he began ushering at the concerts. It's fun to have him all spiffy looking as we stand for the various military branches on the medley of their songs."Cousin" Mike Cottam has been the conductor for the band for umpteen years and this was his last year. He's always so good to come by and talk to us. The kids in the choir have loved him too and are always eager to speak with him after each concert.

No comments:
Post a Comment