Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Woo-hoo!!!!!

I've already told my kids and you are about the only ones that read this but... dad/hubby/grandpa/Richard got a job!!!! It's with the state fire marshalls office and he will be training fire/police/etc. around the state. The soon to be boss is already talking about sending dad out to Duchesne a lot and dad was like, 'dude, they're going to pay me to go out to my property? Cool.' Government pay isn't that good but government benefits are. I'm so glad that we will have health/dental insurance for James when he gets back from Basic cuz the army wants his wisdom teeth out. I just hope some doctor trainee doesn't do the job at Basic! Anyway, yay! A job! And dad says it's his dream job. What could be better than that? Dad probably won't start for a couple weeks because they have to do a complete background check on him and getting that paperwork filled out, mailed and returned takes at least a week and a half. Plus, dad and almost boss are at a conference until Friday evening. Yay again! (Think I'm excited?)

4 comments:

Marc Gingell said...

I'm sure it is a self esteem boost for dad too. With gas this high though, they better be for reimbursing miles!!! :)

A. J. said...

Congrats Richard! What a great thing to actually get your dream job! I'm sure the gov is really big on paying for mileage too...either that or a gov vehicle, right?

Leslie Moseley said...

no gov vehicle but he gets a blackberry. :) We think they pay travel costs somehow when he will be out of town.

A. J. said...

a blackberry...how cool! I think one would be fun to have, but just can't justify the cost just because I think it's cute...LOL

Maybe someday they'll give him a gov vehicle.