Last Thursday we closed on the land. 40 acres in the middle of nowhere now belongs to us. We had planned to camp there Friday to Saturday but because of the stupid rain (for full disgust of the rain on Memorial Weekend, see Sonia's blog) we chose to just go up for the day. We headed out sorta early (8am) and got there around 10. Russ and Sandy arrived about 11 and I've not seen Russ this happy and excited about anything in a long time. Dad had taken a couple guns to plink with so dad, Russ and James shot off a few rounds into a stump. They were having so much fun. While Russ and dad explored the boundries, James explored the ravine which is quite deep but has several areas that are an easy walk right down into it. I mean, I can even make it! It was chilly tho... probably didn't get out of the 50s all day.
So we were talking to Russ and Sandy about our short and long term plans... short term includes raking out cactus around the best camp areas, toilet needs and possibly water. Long term includes things like a trailer, shed, well, a large water tank and maybe even a 4-wheeler. Sandy brought up the idea of getting a picnic table and I think that is a fabulous idea. When we got home, dad got on the internet and was looking at trailers and found one that is a 26 footer, looks fabulous, is only 12 years old (most for sale were made in the 70s) and they are selling it for just $3500. I'm thinking maybe I can wait on curtains for the livingroom!! I can't wait to stay over night and see all the critters wandering through in the evening and early morning. Oh... and Sandy's dog didn't have any trouble at all picking his way around the cactus. It was interesting to watch.
Hello world!
8 years ago

4 comments:
Woohoooooo! Hopefully the trailer is as good as it sounds on paper!
Phooey! Dad called and called and left messages and then saw the guy put up a "sold" thing on his ad.
Sounds cool. We need to go plink with dad. I don't think I've actually shot a gun in 10+ years.
I have an idea... :) Make a little no permit needed shed and put a little bedside commode in it. Instant facilities, heehee. And make sure you carve a moon in the door so everyone knows that it is a potty.
Post a Comment