Saturday, April 26, 2008

Kuzcotopia

Yesterday dad and I went in search of our own Kuzcotopia. These first two photos are out past Duchesne, take a right and go another 6 miles on normal road and about another mile on dirt road in a place called Moondance Ranches. It's even better to get to than up at Rockport. It's a nice property because there are 40 acre lots for $1000/acre. The lot in these photos is kind of long and skinny. The best view is the one with the flagged post. Its taken at the back of the lot and so everything you see in the picture is on the lot, even the oil station and pump.

These last two photos are of a place
called Tabby Shadows which has 5 acre lots at $5000/acre. It's right off highway 40 about 2-3 miles past Fruitland. These pictures aren't of any lot we were looking at but depict, generally, how it looks at Tabby Shadows. The one with the little shed cabin is funny because there is a rule in the area that you don't have to get a building permit for a shed that is up to 200 square feet. Click on this thing. It's cute and clever... the guy has made it look like a real cabin but it is small enough to not have a building permit.

So the reason I want property is for an investment but I want something we (our family) can enjoy in the meantime to 'get away from it all'. We'll be looking for a little while in search of the 'mountain top that sings'. I'm thinking to put a camping trailer on the property for awhile for me and dad (not sure when a 'cabin' would get built). If we're not there, it can certainly be used by whoever is.


What I want to know is, does going out in the sticks and pitching a tent sound fun to you? With these properties, there is nearby fishing at Starvation and Strawberry reservoirs and I'm sure water skiing could be done there too. The kids would have fun just playing in the water near the shore. We also saw a camperworld close to Strawberry which may be of interest for the Swensen clan. Both pieces of property are easy to walk but have good exploring possiblities. It's not that far away from other things too such as hiking or dinosaurland stuff. There is even a little bowling alley in Duschesne. If one was of a mind, you could even drop down to Castle Valley for the pioneer pageant... it's a good one.

I did see deer at Tabby Shadows but have seen pictures of deer and elk at Moondance. They have rabbit at Moondance too... saw the droppings. That way if you have a bad day fishing, you can always shoot a rabbit for dinner! Of course we'd cultivate wildlife gracing the property by putting in some kind of water trough. Maybe even get them some of that great corn like Uncle Russ does. One of the first things I would want to do is get a 'john'!





4 comments:

Marc Gingell said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Marc Gingell said...

Uh, yeah. Doy. Me. Everyone else in the kingdom gets it. You're the only one that doesn't seem to be with the program, eh, Pacha?

Sonia said...

good plans - not so sure I would love being without running water though. It would be more fun if ya'll got some 4 wheelers with the land so you have a way to enjoy it.

Roxi said...

BOOM BABY!

I think it sounds great, when nobody is there I could take the beast and not worry about someone getting their panties in a bunch because there's a large dog or two happily frolicking around at blinding speeds. I don't need running water. I'm a real camper. It makes me feel like a cowboy. ;)