Sunday, January 10, 2010

The Real Christmas

With our family getting together for Christmas so early this year (Dec 13th), I wondered what Christmas would be like with just me and hubby. It was a very leisurely morning. Although I missed having Roxanne and Leland over in the morning, I cooked breakfast and then hubby and I headed upstairs where the Christmas tree was to see what 'Santa' put in our stockings and open the gifts from extended family. These pictures are of hubby bringing up gifts that were supposed to be in the stocking and then me about to open one of them. This is traditional wrapping in our family! Most years I like to get something bigger that we need instead of a bunch of smaller stuff that gets put on top of the already mountainous junk piles. That's what we did this year but in our stockings/robes/shirts, I received a booklight, gloves, hats and Lindor chocolate. Hubby received a book, a CD, lip balm, his favorite bath gel and chocolate.

Later in the morning we went over to visit Grandma and Grandpa Moseley. Then Hillary's family came by since they were down visiting the Gingell clan. I made a ham for our dinner and then for the rest of the evening we watched movies.

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

I love it! You would need a pretty big stocking to fit all of those things :)

Sonia said...

HAHA - our wrapping is killer. Martha Stewart would be appalled.