Friday, July 17, 2009

Ward Camp 2009

To prepare for ward camp, I went and purchased a new bottle of OFF. With the mosquitos being worse this year, and our camp being near a river, I certainly wasn't going without the bug spray. I also purchased a new tube of sunscreen and one of those bottles of spray sunscreen. I'm totally sold on those now. They are way easier than trying to find every nook and cranny in your skin. Not one of us had any sunburns at all... not even a pink spot.

Camp was nice as usual. You get to visit with people who aren't trying to get to class, get home, or whatever like on Sunday. One cute little boy got scared of all the aliens flying around. I think someone spoiled it and told him they were just big moths. I'm glad dad captured a picture of Dalton with his 'alien'.

The Primary President is married to the Activities Committee Chair... a position she held with him (as co-chair) until her calling to Primary (then as a counselor). She's really fun and has a lot of crazy activities and games up her sleeve. She got all the youth involved in this game where you mound up a bunch of flour and then put a quarter on top. The object of the game is to slice away some of the flour without letting the quarter drop down into the flour. If the quarter does fall, you have to fish it out with your teeth, thus making the player get a face and mouth full of flour. I couldn't believe the youth went for this but they were all pretty good sports and it ended in a flour fight. Everyone but James was covered in flour. James kicked butt in this game and never had the quarter fall on his turn. He was delighted with his skill and watching everyone else have to do the face plant!

After breakfast the next morning, all the youth played frisbee and tossed a football around... both at the same time. James and I are of the same mind and we get up, get packed and ready to go before breakfast. We left camp fairly early to we could stop by my quilt class so I could show off my block and get my next one. I haven't been in 4 months now. Maybe next time I'll be able to stay for the class.

1 comment:

Sonia said...

Dang it! I was hoping for a picture of James covered in flour.