Tuesday, May 12, 2009

JROTC Awards Banquet 2009

My highly decorated son could totally
run for president. See, he's got the
wave down.
James is down in front. This is for the Team Awards
which were all on the same certificate. They were more
efficient this year. In fact, there were a number of
awards that weren't deemed important enough
to give out on awards night.
James also received a national award: the
American Legion Medal for Military Excellence.
At the end, seniors are recognized and parade through
the Honor Guard. In the spirit of those who have gone
before, James hugged fellow cadets
and pinched their cheeks.
Colonel Horton, James and Master Sergeant Hardcastle.

3 comments:

Heather said...

What an amazing kid you have!

Sonia said...

I don't think there are enough ribbons and medals. James, come over and I'll put some additional ribbons in your hair. We'll have to use Karo syrup like with babies cause of the whole no-hair-thing, but we shall have you ribboned-up in no time!

BTW- SWEET DUDE!

Leslie Moseley said...

Why yes I do have an amazing kid... 4 of them to be precise but alas, we ARE talking about James in this post. I think the uniform had to be turned in this week so we've got to think of some fabulous way to display all of those ribbons/awards. Even tho James is anxious to build up a new ribbon arsenal with the real army, he'll one day look back at what he accomplished in JROTC.