25 Random Things
1. We're a family that enjoys medical things so I bought my husband a book of medical history. I had been so proud that I had a 'doctor' in my genealogy until I found out from this medical history book that he was basically a butcher!
2. Soggy bread GROSSES me out too. The guys at work enjoy teasing me when anything is brought to me on my lunch that is soggy... like bread pudding. Ugh!
3. I helped build my ward... and the Jordan River Temple.
4. Exercise is a double 4 letter word! I need to get into something fun... like line dancing I can do by myself.
5. I would like to take a dance class with my hubby but I think I'll have to settle for the couch potato class.
6. I want new carpet, new vinyl, a new deck, a new shed, a trailer... oh, and shoes!
7. I can usually find something better to do than housework.
8. I also like my dishwasher loaded a certain way. If dad does it....my OCD brain cells rear up. He can unload it tho... I'm cool with that cuz I hate to do it.
9. I love cute clothes, but I hardly ever buy me knew things because my body has gotten so hard to fit, plus finding something cute in my size is challenging at best. Seriously, do designers really think I want my neckline showing off my fat, flabby arms and sagging boobs? I still only need it big enough to get over my head.
10. I want to go back to school and get my bachelors degree. Now I need to figure out what I want to be when I grow up.
11. When Hillary was prego with Natasha she said they wanted to move to Oregon. I was totally freaked out wondering what weirdo would end up tending MY grandbaby.
12. I cannot put stuff I don't like into a recipe... even if everyone claims you can't taste it. For instance, no applesauce substituting for sugar in MY cookies!
13. I like the first bowl of cereal, as long as it's not too big. A second or bigger bowl makes me feel really blah.
14. I can tolerate most kinds of music. Mozart is awesome. Poison is awesome. Gorgeous George Strait? OH YEAH, he's still got it!
15. I have lived in Utah most of my life and have never participated in snow sports but I like water skiing.
16. I LOVE the movie Quigley Down Under. It's the most perfect couples movie. I do like westerns anyway having grown up on them but there is action, blood and guts to keep a man's attention and a great love story for the ladies.
17. I can do most things myself. Heck, I fished peas out of Roxanne's nose! I am no good at playing dumb girl to get others to do things for me. I must have Hillary teach me how!
18. I can't say that I loved having babies. I get no sleep at the hospital and I'm sliced open and owwie. I do love being a mom. Part of why I have a hard time knowing what I 'want to be when I grow up' is that I'm already what I always wanted to be... a mom and now grammie.
19. I am picky about my water. Most people love bottled water. I drink bottled water only when necessary because I don't like it. There is no taste to it and it leaves my mouth feeling drier. Spring water is better but I really love the water from my tap. Most of my neighbors think we live too close to Magna to have decent drinking water and will go to lengths to provide me with anything but tap water. Seriously tho, has anyone ever read those papers on how good the water is that Kearns Improvement District sends with the bill? It's fine, really.
20. I am envious of people who have lifelong friends they've known since high school or younger. The only friends I have that I've know a long time are the friends I have been and still am in the same ward with. I hope they don't move cuz I really like them and truly miss some that have already moved.
21. I have stolen most of this from Hillary and I'll have to say that I also get along with my siblings better now than I ever did growing up. I was like James tho, an only child from the time I was 13 so there was no one to get along with. I do remember some of the younger years and it was awesome when Adrienne would let me have a 'sleepover' in her room and watch scary movies. I will never forget The Tell Tale Heart, The Pit and the Pendulum or The Birds. Of course, it may be because of those 'sleepovers' that I stay away from scary movies now... my sister scarred me!
22. I wear contacts but not glasses... very often. I usually only wear glasses when I'm camping.
23. I always said I am not a morning person. Then after a few kids and schedules I said I can do late nights or early mornings but not both. Then James got burned and I learned I can do early mornings and late nights at the same time but it's not fun and I was really ready to give it up after several weeks. Thankfully I could by then.
24. I want to go to Disneyland again before I am so old that all I want to do is ride the picnic table!
25. I HATE MICE! Stay out of my food, stay out of my kids beds, stay out of my piano... STAY OUT OF MY HOUSE!!!!
Hello world!
8 years ago

3 comments:
Really cute background. I like the first one - depending on the year, of course he would have been a butcher, that's how they all were back in your day. LOL
YES!!! I have a Butcher AND Sheriff of Nottingham! I love it!!!!!
First they were RAISINS I do not remember peas. second you stole it from Sonia because Hillary doesn't have one.
ha take that!
I liked reading that post. Did you ever actually ask dad to take a dance class with you? You should, you never know. Either way I could force him to for you. ;)
Yes Hillary does have one cuz I copied and pasted from it. I have talked about taking a dance class with dad... he wasn't interested.
Post a Comment