Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Quick Trip

Last Friday grandpa and I went out to our property for a quick trip to take some nuts to the critters and fix an itty-bitty screen on the well cap. The first thing we did when we got there is fix the screening which involved taking 6 bolts off the cap to remove it. There is this little screen that prevents bugs and dirt from getting sucked up the vent in the cap. We had taken out all the old nuts (except for a couple bags of good ones) and I scattered them around while grandpa puttered around with something. I couldn't help but wonder what the critters will think of all those walnuts under the pine trees! Then I grabbed grandpa's camera and decided to take pictures of all the stuff the girls painted hanging in the trees. It's so weird... I couldn't find the bird feeder. My theory is that it was painted so well with tree colors that it was camouflaged. Grandpa's theory is that a critter chewed its rope and ran off with it for the yummy bird seed goo I put in it. What's your theory?

4 comments:

Marc Gingell said...

So, I totally wondered if you had taken MY grandpa up to the property until you mentioned the camera. Now I just think it is funny that you referred to him as grandpa, since anyone who would call him that is probably not reading your blog :)

And I think it was abducted by aliens.

Leslie Moseley said...

The post was supposed to be directed to your kids mainly, that's why I used 'grandpa' but apparently what pictures I did take were also abducted by aliens!

Sonia said...

My theory is that yummy seed goo you put inside the house was not, in fact, plant-life as you had assumed. I'm quite sure, and this will be proved by a simple test, tiny BigFoot eggs that have now grown and hatched and taken the house with them as they moved to more remote and secret parts of Duschesne. All we have to do to prove I'm right is allow the kids to sleep outside next summer. In the morning, we will see no kids, and big drag marks where the BigFoot monsters that survived have taken them off for dinner.

Roxi said...

I'm with Hilary I though it was our grandpa too for a second.

I think your birdhouse issue stems from a couple of possibilities..
A. I really like Sonia's bigfoot theory
B. It was seized because the birds that were using it got caught in a huge drug bust
C. The well driller stole it because he really really liked it.