Saturday, September 19, 2009

Trippin'

This last Tuesday I hopped the Fire Marshall express and played in St. George for the day. (This is me at the hot tub.) Hubby had meetings in both St. George and Cedar City which were relatively short so I went along. Shortly after arriving in St. George we checked into our hotel. Cousin Judy picked me up and we went out to lunch, the copy shop and even got an ice cream sundae! When Judy asked if we should get one for my hubby I said, "Oh, I think we can have ours eaten by then!" Hee hee!

Back at Judy's we visited and she showed me some of her wonderful quilts. She didn't know I was into quilting and was so excited. Judy has one on display in her home that fills a two story wall. It has some dimensional features that make it quite striking. This picture is taken about two streets away. I thought it was interesting that every street in the neighborhood was something Hills... Desert Hills, White Hills, etc... and then in the middle of the neighborhood is Ducati Way. Of course I thought of Sonia and Shawn and just had to take this picture.

It was a fun, although a whirlwind trip. I'll have to do it again. Next time I'll make sure to call Joann myself. She'd also wanted us to come visit and I thought hubby had made contact before we went. He hadn't so although we kept trying to call, we didn't ever find her home and were forced to go to a ritzy restaurant (The Painted Pony) for dinner instead.

2 comments:

Sonia said...

I now know where I belong. See? Now it makes sense why I feel such a pull towards St. George instead of Salt Lake. I must buy a home on Ducati Way - it's the only "way". Sexy shoulder by the way - ow-ow!

Katie said...

Next time you have to pop in and see us, too! :)
Only 20 min. from St. George! :)