Thursday, April 16, 2009

Mom Rocks!

Pasta is reported to give you natural energy so just before a competition, James likes to have pasta. The last couple of competitions (including today) he's gotten his teams together for a pasta party. This time it was at our house and I had the idea that it was a pot-luck pasta party and agreed to make a dish similar to spaghetti but the sauce is a little different and it's served over rotelle. Then last night I came across a recipe for a chicken pasta caesar salad and thought it looked good. The reviews all said it was fabulous. I had the idea that I could use up some left-over rotisserie chicken and make this salad for the kids also. Good thing! One other young man (John Grant) brought a creamy chicken and pasta dish and another brought some spaghetti makings which came in handy for a couple of very late comers! I had plenty of cooked pasta still but it was good to open the can of spaghetti sauce for them. The salad was a hit, even James liked it. We also had a jug full of lemonade which went fast so James filled it up again. The party broke up one by one until eventually the last 4-5 left together. They are sure to win their competitions tomorrow!

After everyone ate, they split up for games. X-box games for half and a rousing game of Risk for the others. They've had lots of fun and it was so cool to have a house full of happy noises.

2 comments:

Sonia said...

Shout out to the only girl for being tough enough to be....the ONLY girl! WOOT!

Leslie Moseley said...

That girl was just the only girl at the pasta party during pictures. The Battalion Commander, who is a girl, came a bit later and there were 3-4 more in the teams that next day.