Our stakes were to combine for the three dances but our stake has almost twice the amount if youth as theirs. We decided just to divide the responsibilities so we have the German and Scottish dances and Magna Central has the Irish dance. It was fun to meet with Sarah and show her everything. A few days later we met with our Dance Coordinators, Kim and Melanee, and together we decided what the costuming should look like. Getting other people's inputs keeps making my job easier and easier!I've managed to get a ward wardrobe coordinator for each ward and was able to have a nice meeting with about half of them. The other half I've had to rush through their duties which wasn't my preference. Last night we all went to the dance practices and measured our kids. Having each ward there made it go really fast because each ward only had 10-15 kids. Much better than trying to measure almost 120 kids by myself!!! There are still a few to track down.
We're going to begin sewing soon because the costumes need to be finished by May 9th. Flyers are going out Sunday to tell the youth what they need to provide for their costumes (everyone should have their own shoes, socks, etc.) and to ask for supply donations. I am hoping we have lots of material donated within the week because that is the most expensive part. (I can only imagine what was spent on the costumes we borrowed!) Everything has been going so smoothly and I'm excited about all the help I'm getting for this great project.

2 comments:
Wow, that is a LOT of kids and a LOT of costumes. I do not envy you.
I'm not making them all myself! LOL
Post a Comment